Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween

Friday was our Halloween party at school. All the kids dressed up in costumes, we played games, trick or treated and ate lot's of candy and sent them home all sugared up for the parents to deal with.

Jill's class Chinese teacher this year is a bit of an extremist when it comes to her views on holidays. Her religion dictates that she cannot participate (in anyway whatsoever) in any holiday. For example, she cannot help create any of the Halloween, Christmas, Easter decorations etc... she cannot help children with their costumes or even take any pictures of the children. So she's basically useless. Having said that, Jill was too busy to take many pictures of her or her students that day. Her partner is a Christian of some kind but I'm really curious as to what kind. I've never heard of this before. She couldn't even touch the newsletters telling the parents about the Halloween party.

Anyway, I had a great time. Witches and Spidermen dominated the costume selection this year.

Here are some witches:

I played 2 games with them this year. This one is a ring toss onto some witch hats.

Here is my full class, dressed to the max making scary faces.



Trick or treating in the other classrooms.

I really like Halloween at school. The kids really like it too. Jill really hates it. Her kids cried at having to wear/see costumes. One freaked out when my class went trick-or-treating in her classroom.

Tonight, Jill and I have our own Halloween party to go to. My friend's birthday is tonight so we'll be celebration his, mine and Halloween all at once. Should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment