Monday, May 2, 2011

Paragliding

We had a beautiful day to head to the mountain here in Ma On Shan for some paragliding. The wind was a little on the light side but it was still flyable. I had told my dad that he might be able to do a tandem flight if my friend Kit was there. Luckily he was and was nice enough to take my dad up later in the day. Unfortunately the wind was not strong enough for a long flight and he had a quick sled ride to the bottom. It was still exciting for him though.

My dad, Kit and I.

He had fun watching all the pilots flying. There must have been around a dozen people flying that day. I managed 3 flights myself.

That's me in the sky.


Getting clipped in

He looks so toughAll set and ready to launch
Up and run, run, run,



Here is a pic from the sky my dad took


I tried to take off right after so we could fly together but he was making his decent and heading for the LZ so I still took off and had a short flight, then landed at the bottom to help him pack up and get the bus back.







There was no shortage of people there taking videos of his flight. Kit said that my dad was his oldest passenger ever. Not bad at 63. In every video you can hear my friend Michele saying at the end "Is he strapped in properly?" It makes it sound bad, but everything was fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment