Now Jill and I still have a few days of our vacation to relax and wind down before going back to school.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Big Buddha
The last thing on our to do list was to visit the Big Buddha on Lantau Island. To get there you have to take a 20 minute cable car.

I believe it is the largest seated Buddha in the world.

This was along the path of enlightenment. It was all in Chinese so I didn't feel any more enlightened at the end.
It was nice to have my dad visit and fun to show off Hong Kong. I know it's very different from home. My dad came here from one of the most quiet and peaceful areas in Canada and was thrown into one of the most densely populated urban jungles in the world. I hope he could still appreciate it for what it is and get a good feel of how other people live in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment